Tuesday, January 9, 2007

48 Prayer Journal Part I

Here is the first installment of prayers from the 48 hour journal. Please forgive typos. We tried to type these just like they were written. A couple of names were deleted and replaced with blanks lines to perserve some confidentiality. Continue to write new prayers under the WELCOME post.


Lord, Help me through your strength to always be a willing servant to you and to be always willing to serve others. Give me the wisdom through your word and prayers to do your will. Keep those who are away from loved ones fighting in distant countries to be kept safe. Thank you for all the many blessings you have given us in this life.
In Your Sons Name,
Amen

I thank God for Allen, Gary and all our leadership team. I pray for protection for these our precious leaders. We have such a wonderful church family and so many are willing to do the will of God. I pray God will use us to help others, not only their needs but to bring them into the family of God’s people so they can know the love of God. Love is the most important thing.

Help me to trust in you Lord, guide me in your truth and teach me. Thank you for your unfailing love, your mercy and your grace. Amen

My God, My Jesus—Make me new again. Hear my prayer O Lord, make me new again. God reveal again to me the reason to live like Jesus. Unveil your amazing love for me. Bring me back to you as I have gone astray. Move within me. Mend my broken heart and my wavering spirit. Fill me with your love. Bring my passion back. My God, My Jesus. Make me new again, Amen

Lord in Heaven, Please help guide me through these hard times. I’m so confused, sometimes I fear I don’t know right from wrong anymore. I want to thank you for the Mitchell Church Father, and help us to follow a path that you would be proud of. You have blessed me greatly during the last few months my God and I want to say thanks for all you have done. Please help _____ to find his calling and _____ to find you again. Be with my parents and their financial struggles. They have given so selflessly to us and others, they deserve the best. Thank you for my amazing church and help us to remember that we are your representatives on this earth. Amen

Lord, Life can be so confusing sometimes. There are so many ways one can travel through life, so many paths to venture down. But Father you know exactly which path leads to the true joy you have laid out for my life. Father give me wisdom to choose which path will be best for my life, which career to choose, and where to live. Lord don’t leave me in the dark. Shine a light into my world to guide me through the mist of doubt. I have complete faith that you will never forsake me and that I am always under your protection. Give me wisdom. Give me peace. Give me understanding. Amen

(the wee hours of the am) Lord, I want to first offer up a prayer on the behalf of our young people that are just experiencing the first years of college. I have just finished the experience of college at a large state institution and at times it is difficult to be a young Christian on campus because the ideological differences are so extreme. Ultimately we are the future of the church and I pray that you provide them strength to hold their resolve and to never give in. Lord I pray those things in your name. Amen

Heavenly Father, I thank you for this special time of prayer to thank you for all that you do and for all that you have blessed me with. Thank you for giving me all the special and wonderful people in my life. It’s in your name I pray. Amen

God help us to do your will for those in and out of this church. Give us wisdom and zest to do your will as long as we live. Thank you for your son—may He grow stronger in me. Amen

As we pray the emotions flow so freely before the cross and before God. Why doesn’t our daily prayer life bring the same emotions out of us? Our prayer is to bring the same emotions to our daily prayers and the same openness that we have before the cross of Christ. In Him Always and Amen

Dear Lord it is such a blessing to know you are listening, knowing our hearts and guiding our ways. May we always allow you to be in our hearts. Thank you my Lord! Amen

Lord, we come to you before the cross and ask for forgiveness in the things we do wrong. We thank you for the many blessings in our lives. Thank you for this wondergul church family. Please watch over our troops and keep them safe. In your precious and holy name. Amen

Dear Lord, Thank you! You have truly blessed our family. Our children and home-- I had a scare with my health. These are true blessings from you. There is nothing you can not do—We need to learn to never box you in. All things are possible when you are in control! Please continue to watch over us and let us know what you want the Mitchell Church to be doing. I pray we continue to always keep our eyes on you. Thank you Lord for always being there. We love you and we want to continue to praise your name in all that we do! Amen

Jehovah God, reigning from your throne. Be our vision. Be all that we are and all that we want. Be the light that dawns daily before us. We’re walking in a dark world and need you to guide our way. Be an answer to our prayers. Give us answers so overwhelming that we must kneel in wonder before you and declare your praise among all people. Be it all for your glory. Let it be in the name of Jesus. Amen

It’s amazing what happens when you sit still and listen to God.

Dear Father, You are so awesome and so gracious! Thank you for the blessings you give so richly and we take for granted so often. You have blessed this church family with wonderful leaders who seek you and your will, with so many people with genuine servant hearts, with a group of young people who really want to make a difference—it’s a great family to be a part of! Please bless us with spiritual growth and deeper faith and trust. We love you and praise your blessed name! Amen



Lord in Heaven, Give us your wisdom that we may see as you do and that we may love as you would have us to. May you lead us and guide us in this life so we may be the servants you want us to be. In Christ we pray. Amen

Thank you Lord for this precious time devoted to you. Help us all to make more time daily to pray and serve you. Thank you for showing us how to pray. The prayers in this book are beautiful and genuine! Our prayer lives have grown in this church as we have grown to know you better. Help us to stay focused o you instead of worrying about earthly things. Amen

Dear Heavenly and Amazing Father, He who knows all and loves all. Wow how comforting---despite our huge faults and continuous failures and neglect he still loves each one of us and as much as he did the day before. God, what a special group that has assembled here in our name. You have blessed us with the greatest group of shepherds a church flock could have. Thank you so much for Allen. His wisdom, his passion, his drive and example. Thank you for Allen’s taxing, thought provoking and challenging sermons. Thank you … for Gary’s words of wisdom—down to earth insightful wisdom. What a great team for God!!! How lucky and blessed we are. I thank you personally for the great group of guys in this church family that have bonded. There is nothing better than good Christian fellowship with your brothers in Christ. Dear God help us keep the passion, stay focused and put into action our dreams. Finally thank you for both the elderly and youth of this congregation… the elderly for their example as well as their acceptance and open minds…for the youth dear God and the great fire for you. In closing your heavenly Father this week you welcomed home a great warrior. Enjoy Jack as much as we did!! Blessed Be Your Name!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.